Best ATV Tires for All Terrain Surfaces
Warm weather is finally here, and it’s time to think about how you’ll take advantage of it. If you’re ready for some rough-and-tumble outdoor adventures, make sure your ATV is properly equipped with tires that can handle all the different types of terrain you plan to traverse. Consider upgrading your current tires to the best all terrain ATV tires available. That way you’ll have peace of mind that your ATV tires can handle anything you take them over or through.
You can usually spot the best ATV tires for all terrain surfaces because they are chunkier than your standard ATV tires. They have thicker tread and may have unique tread patterns that are designed to provide superior grip in mud and other extreme terrain conditions. They are also usually wider than stock tires.
Drawbacks of Having an All Terrain Tires
Before you run out and buy the first all terrain 26x10x12 ATV tires you can find, there are a few things you should know. While there are some great benefits associated with these types of tires, there are a few drawbacks as well. It’s up to you to decide if the benefits outweigh the drawbacks, or vice versa. Here are a few of the drawbacks you’ll experience if you switch out your standard ATV tires with all terrain ATV tires:
- Tend to ride rough: Because of their chunkier, more open tread patterns, all terrain tires often ride more rough on smooth roads than their traditional counterparts.
- May cause tire rub: If you’re investing in bigger tires, you should know that they may rub on some ATVs. Measure carefully to ensure the best fit without interference.
- More steering effort: The wider your tires, the more effort you’ll need to put into steering. This could be frustrating if you’re traveling on winding trails that require a great degree of steering control.
Benefits of Having an All Terrain Tires
Now that you know about some of the drawbacks of having all terrain tires for your ATV, let’s talk about the benefits. Here’s how upgrading those tires to all terrain versions will help you have a better ride:
- Improved traction: When you’re off-roading, you want to achieve the best traction possible. That’s what all terrain tires will offer you, thanks to their specialized tread patterns. They’re specifically designed to help you get out of many different tricky areas you might find yourself in while exploring the great trails nearby.
- Raises ground clearance: If you buy larger ATV tires online, you’ll increase your ground clearance so you have a lower chance of getting hung up on something while you’re tearing up the hillsides. Good clearance equals greater confidence on bumpy terrain.
- More time riding, less time stuck: A good set of all terrain tires can help you avoid getting stuck during your adventures. They’ll help ensure that you spend as much time as possible riding and less time having your buddies pull you out of the mud.
Now that you know the pros and cons of all terrain ATV tires, you’ll have an easier time deciding if this type of tire is right for you or not. Happy riding!