Bingers, how often do you join fun runs? Often probably. I mean, they are fun! With all the various themes that they have- zombies, food, animals. Name it! But if there is a fun run that I would love to participate in, it’s one that will be for a cause. One of them is McDonald’s Stripes Run! Now on its 10th year, Stripes Run 2019 will bring families together to run for reading! It will be happening this Dec 1 at the SM Mall of Asia Concert Grounds! To know more, continue reading:
Reading and Running
For the past 10 years, Ronald McDonald House Charities (RMHC) in the Philippines has been the beneficiary of McDonald’s Stripes Run. Proceeds of the annual fun run go to the Ronald McDonald Read to Learn – a beginning reading program for Grade 1 and 2 public elementary school students. In partnership with DepEd, it aims to eradicate illiteracy among Filipino children. To date, the Ronald McDonald Read To Learn program has reached over 12 million students, trained over 28 thousand educators, and distributed more than 367 thousand books.
Ready to make a pledge to support children’s literacy? Well, here are the quick and easy ways to join Stripes Run 2019:
- Register and pay online at mcdostripesrun.com.ph.
- Download the form on mcdostripesrun.com.ph and pay for the registration fee at select McDonald’s stores.
- Register and pay at select McDonald’s stores (View list of stores at https://mcdostripesrun.com.ph/how-to-join)
And do you know that your registration fee comes with cool freebies? Here they are: a race kit with a Stripes Run shirt, 1 pair of Stripes Socks, 1 Race Bib, 1 McDonald’s Longgadesal, and 1 Race Map. On top of that, games and booths await families and barkadas at the run!
Pick Your Run
McDonald’s Stripe Run 2019 is open for the whole family meaning even kids can run to promote reading. There are various categories to choose from:
- Kiddie stripes (1K) – 8 years old and below
- Young stripes (3K) – 8-15 years old
- 3K stripes – 16 years old and up
- Family stripes (3K) – 2 kids (15 years old and below) and 2 adults (16 years old and up)
- 5K stripes – 16 years old and up
- Squad stripes (5K) – 4 adults (16 years old and up)
- 10K stripes – 16 years old and up
See you on Dec 1 at the McDonald’s Stripes Run 2019, Bingers! Share your experience by using the hashtag #McDoStripesRun and tagging @McDo_PH on Twitter and Instagram. For more information on Stripes Run 2019, visit mcdostripesrun.com.ph or follow McDonald’s Philippines on Facebook.